The time in between holidays is my favorite time. There is no more shopping or wrapping, no more fretting about what needs to get done. It is over and there is a bit of peace even if it is just for a day. Everyone is happy with their presents, one little boy has been playing and playing, he has not been out of pajamas for days. Presents are sorted and put away and I have my closet back again, it is where I store everything in the present department. This is the time I search for, the time I need to regroup a bit before working the next three days, and cleaning up Christmas decorations on New Year's Eve so I can start off the New Year fresh and clean. Although I confess last night while trying to go to sleep I decided it was a great idea to put away the Christmas tree today. It is sort of in the way and we have three dogs running around knocking into it. It is my least favorite thing about Christmas, and frankly no one really even looks at it, so away it all went this morning. I could not be more thrilled, that is less for me to contend with on Thursday, I am trying to ease my load before 2021 starts. But who wants to hear me blather on when there is a Little Boy to report on.
We had to wait extra long to go see our Santa present and stockings on Christmas morning because Mr. 23 was very ill with an intestinal issues he has on occasion. It causes him intense pain, he can't even stand upright. Luckily we got him into the doctors on Wednesday but he was only able to fill two of three prescriptions. I am so happy he did not end up in the hospital, the first time it happened he was there for 5 days getting morphine. Bless him he tried to participate as much as he could but missed out on a big part of the day. And there was very little eating and believe me my 6 foot 1 inch boy loves to eat Christmas dinner. He is gradually getting better and that is all that matters. I am thankful this did not occur during his semester.
Little Buddy was so excited about every present. He was just so thrilled about the whole day. He changed his mind last minute about what he wanted from Santa, isn't that always the way? But in the end he got so many wonderful things to play with, read and create with, his Santa present remains the only one he has not played with yet.
I think his three favorites are a jeep that looks like his brothers from Mr. 27, a bank that looks like a safe that you can put change and feed bills into, and this grand hotel that you can rearrange and it has a three story elevator. Really what could be better than that?
He has been playing with these for hours. And in true therapist mode he really has to work hard to put things together and use both his hands. Yes I am his Mom but I almost always think of the therapeutic benefit of what he has to play with. We also have some new magnetic blocks and a spinning painting toy to play with that we have not opened yet. Even with his remote control cars he has to be able to use both hands, which is hard for him to do.
After putting away the tree, tidying up a bit and finally getting that third prescription straightened out I intend to rest a bit and crochet for the rest of the day. Work starts tomorrow, but it will be a shortened week, for that I am thankful.
How was your holiday? Terrific I hope. Stay safe my friends.









0 Yorumlar