Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

NEW YORK FASHION WEEK: Jason Wu SS14 RTW

 How best to open a show about the 90s then with a model from the 90s? Karen Elson opened the Jason Wu show yesterday in New York as part of New York Fashion Week. Now....lets review this shall we?

I'm all for the 90s in design at the moment. Once we leave the hipster ideas about 90s dressing aside (its all scrunchies and irony) and start concentrating on the good side of it. Simplistic layering, easy tailoring and minimal color pallettes mean that there is no confusion about the collections. However, it does mean the return of some truly horrific 90s fabrics. (See below see through sequined skirt)

I was all for the start of this collection when there was outfits like the below jacket teamed with a simple skirt. I actually loved that. However when I saw the return of the halterneck - I was horrified. The halterneck makes flat chested girls look even more flat chested but isn't flattering on any of the larger busted women either. It was something I was glad to see the back of in 1999. Shudder.

I'm very much on the fence with this. It didn't blow me away but there were some nice pieces as well.



 This mix of the wooly jumper over the slip of a skirt is set to be a massive trend for this winter as well. I'm totally feeling that - but it has to be the right skirt. The skirt above is not really for me. For one, I don't want to walk up Grafton Street in my pants. I've not got the legs or the bum for that! Maybe in my younger days!!!!

I think the collection lost me when the color was introduced.  Which for me is odd. I'm normally all about the color. I think I'm more excited about the simple design really.
 ...And with every collection comes the Oscar dress bid. This is a pretty piss poor one. I'm sorry but it just manages to make the model's hips look quite wide. I'm not a fan of the furry bit at the bottom either. I'm liking the panels but I just don't know if its either too much or not enough. Either way, the dress is highly nude!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar