Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

NEWS : I'm relocating.

Right so I announced this on twitter yesterday. I think its time for the full story here.
 (I've just realised how much I hate my eyebrow in this photo. Is that even possible? My brows look crazy insane. Argh. I walked around Birmingham like that with an eyebrow that is thicker then me!!)


I am moving to Italy for a year.

I know this is a bit crazy but hear me out.

Things were all change after January. I realised that a lot of things I loved in life were making me very miserable. When my relationship ended in Febuary, I decided to take the time to make a few changes and see if I couldn't start enjoying my time again. I signed up start learning to teach and went about finishing the course as fast as I could. I quit smoking, changed my diet and started working out.

While I spoke on here about the effects the diet has had (cleaner skin then ever, don't get sick and energy levels are better) I couldn't speak about the course and applying for new work. I had been with my current company for four years and I love it. I had applied to work for them since the age of 18 and finally got in aged 27. It's almost impossible in Ireland. So I was taking a massive risk. I also loved the team as well.

So I accepted a job to work in Italy for a year. This is a major change for me. I think its inspired by travelling to New York alone a year ago. Once I realised that I am not going to get lost, I started to think of what else could I achieve!?

I almost ended up in Korea. However, I'm glad that my job is closer to home and I can see my parents more because they are DYING to go to Italy! hahahah! I have also got quite a few mates who are getting the passports at the ready to come see me too!

I am scared. I'm confused. There are so many things to do and things to sort out and things to worry about. But I'm excited. I'm excited to start a new job and get the experience! I'm nervous because make up artistry has been my world for so long now that I feel that I don't know any different in a way. I've been involved in sales for 13 years. 13 years is a long time to make a career change that huge. I've worked pre recession, during and post recession. It feels insane to say that.  I'm worried about so many things but I know I would be disappointed if I did not take the chance to go. If I was to let the chance pass me by.

I'm excited to see what it means for the blog. I will still be receiving press emails, launch invites and products. I will still be covering different things. But I will be looking at Italian style as well now as English! Hahahaha I've been in between Nottingham and Ireland for about three years now and its made a little difference to the press information that I receive so I don't see any difference with receiving it in Italy. I'll be between there, Nottingham and Ireland when I get days off!

My last day in Nottingham will be fast approaching. I've a holiday this week which means I have few days when I get back. I think roughly about ten days. Which is bizarre. I can't even imagine. My mates are helping me throw a going away do in town and at one of their houses. I can't even imagine how sad this is going to be.

I better get a waterproof mascara. Something tells me....I'm going to need it.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar